As everyone who reads this blog knows, I’m expecting my second child. As everyone also knows I love crafting. Therefore baby = crafting. So here’s a few ideas for crafts and nursery items, because even if you aren’t pregnant and don’t have kids, you may be looking for gift ideas.
Craft tutes on the web.
- Quilted bib with Pocket
- Bib with pocket
- Another bib pattern
- Tissue paper poms
- Slings, boppy’s, altering patterns to be maternity, etc.
- Fabric box
- Fabric box that snaps
- Sew your own crib sheet
- Bitty booties
- Yo-yo’s. (Would be cute on a lampshade or pillow.)
- Fabric covered coat hangers
- Fabric pendant banner. This one is Halloween themed, but here’s some cute examples.
Cute places to shop or get inspiration from.
- In Style Moms – Maternity This site has some cute ideas for maternity wear.
- Knuckleheads Clothing Cute clothes for boys!
- Reprodepot. Cute fabrics and amazing stuffie patterns for sale!
- Anthropologie. Pretty knobs and stuff for the home. If nothing else, inspirational.
- Sweet Gal Decals. Vintage decals. (Or make your own with Lasertran.)
- Mahar Dry Goods. Really cute kid stuff. Great for gifts or inspiration
- Blik. Really cool wall decals
- Craftster. With sections on Baby Shower gifts, dolls, and Kid’s Clothing, there’s plenty to find here.
- Pearl River. Cute lanterns and other accessories for cheap.
- Etsy. Great place to buy art and other homemade items.
- Crafting for Kids. Flickr group
- Crafting for boys. Flickr group
Quilt patterns. (simple quilts.)
Embellishment ideas. (whether for bibs or onesies, here’s a few great ways to personalize stuff.)
- vintage transfer finds For embroidery or painting. Lots of cuteness to be found.
- applique made simple (tutorial)
- More vintage embroidery patterns.
- More embroidery patterns plus a bib and a lamp stuffie!
- Hoop Love. More embroidery patterns. Flickr group
- Freezer Paper Stencils Flickr group
Stencil sites. (not sure how many are appropriate, but you might find something.)
Any comments or additional links can be left here.